On December 10, 1997, JTEKT Column Systems NA’s Quality Management system was officially registered by NSF to the requirements of ISO9001;1994 (with QS9000:1995). The scope of JTEKT Column Systems NA’s registration is the design and manufacture of steering components and transmission selectors for the vehicle industry.
Current quality ratings held by JTEKT Column Systems NA’s Bronson facility are as follows:
- Ford Q1
- Navistar Level 3 on a scale of 4
- MIL-1-45208 Certification
- John Deere – Acceptable
- Volvo GM – Acceptable
- Clark Equipment – Acceptable
- Pierce Mfg.- Acceptable
On October 29, 1997, JTEKT Column Systems NA Hopkinsville’s Quality Management system was officially registered by NSF to the requirements of IS09002;1994 (with QS9000:1995). The scope of JTEKT Column Systems NA registration is the production of steering components and transmission selectors for the vehicle industry as part of the design system of Fuji Kiko.
Current quality ratings held by JTEKT Column Systems NA’s Hopkinsville facility are as follows:
- CAMI – Survey Score 91%
- Nissan – 82.2% rating (Survey Score 86%)
- Mitsubishi – Survey Score 82.3%
- Ford – Q1
Listed below is JTEKT Column Systems NA’s Quality Policy and highlights of the Quality Management System:
- Bronson IATF 16949:2016 Certification
- Hopkinsville ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Bronson ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Hopkinsville IATF 16949:2016 Certification
- ISO 14001 Environmental Policy Statement
- In Line Part Verification
- First/Last Part Verification
- IMDS Evaluation & Submission
- Loading/Ultimate Strength
- Hot/Cold Chamber Analysis
- Salt Spray Evaluation
JTEKT Column Systems NA is committed to:
- The principle of meeting or exceeding Customer Expectations.
- Continually striving for Zero Defects in all activities.
- 100% On- Time Delivery.
- The continuing development of our employees.
Quality System Elements
- Monthly Management Review Program
- Advanced Quality Planning
- Program Management Process
- Operator Control of Processes
- Use of Statistical Methods
- Gauge Control and Calibration
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Product and/or Process Traceability
- Internal Quality Audit Program
- Drawing and Change Control System
- Corrective Action and Follow-up System
- Design, Testing and Product Validation
- Employee Involvement and Training Program
- Never-Ending Quality/Productivity Improvement Program